Today, the amount of audiovisual data is rapidly increasing, and keeping this high volume of media files on computers for a long time seems to be unreliable and quite expensive as well. An appropriate media device to preserve digital files for a long time should be less expensive, have high longevity and appropriate capacity and not occupy a large space. One of the most long-lasting, safe and economical devices for this purpose is digital magnetic tape.
Although digital magnetic tapes are sequential-access devices and are not as fast as magnetic disks, they have been used as archive media for a long-time and safe preserving of unlimited digital data. Accordingly, Backup system is produced for institutions and organizations that, in particular, deal with audiovisual data.
Goldstream Backup is designed to help to save a backup of media files on digital magnetic tapes. It provides a user-friendly environment with proper facilities to manage backup tapes. Users can view the metadata of archive objects on tapes such as title, keywords, description, and date before loading the tapes. Goldstream Backup can be integrated with Archive, and in this case, all backup and restore operations can be directly done via the Archive interface.
Features and Facilities:
- Compatible with all generations and versions of LTO and SDLT tapes
- Supporting LTFS 2
- Various file transmission protocols supported
- Timing and managing the backup activities
- Working with several tape drives at the same time
- Inserting metadata into the database
- Search within metadata without loading the tape
- Restoring database from tapes if the database is lost
- Archived objects are movable to other stations
- Reminder for retrieving archived objects from tapes
- distributed backup and restore within day and night or between different devices
- Prioritizing backup and restore requests